Peer Review Reflection

I have honestly not done a lot with peer reviewing in the past. Most of the time I would just have to turn my rough draft into my teacher and whoever my teacher was would give me feedback on it. That alone has helped me tremendously with writing my final drafts. A big reason is because having another person read your work they can catch things that you didn’t and if anything is confusing to them you can fix. One peer review I did in middle school was we sat in a circle of 5 and everyone passed their essays around till they got there. That way not just one person is reading it but 4 others are too. I found that one to be very helpful. Obviously this one has to be in person, so we can’t really do this one now. I honestly liked doing the review because I got ideas for myself to do with my next writing. For example, focusing on my transitions because that can really be the breaking point of keeping a reader engaged. I appreciated reading her whole memoir first and then a second time writing down things I liked and found confusing the 2nd time.  The challenges of doing it was trying not to sound rude when giving a suggestion because I feel like anything over text or online comes off WAY different if it was on the phone or in person.  A thing I learned from doing this peer review is I learned something about someone in my class that I really would not have known. It is inspiring to read someone’s trials and see how they bounce back from it. With all of this online school you don’t know who anyone is. I don’t even know most of my classmates’ names, so it definitely feels nice putting a story with a person. I definitely want to work on my transitions and word usage because her transitions were great as well as her word usage. I hope to do peer reviewing again because it was something I really enjoyed :):)